The sponsorship of beehives has closed for this season, but in the meantime….
Adelaide Bee Sanctuary encourages everyone to help our local bees and other pollinating insects. There are a few steps that you can take to help Adelaide’s bees.
- Don’t use pesticides in your backyard that kill bees.
- Plant bee friendly seeds to encourage bees to forage in your garden.
- Support your local beekeeper and buy locally produced honey.
- Early springtime, bees look for a new place to call ‘home’. Please inspect your property for any cavities which may attract a swarm of honeybees. Block these cavities and you will help prevent the unnecessary extermination of these beautiful bees.
- If you see a honey bee swarm – please call a beekeeper and remain calm.